Sciortino Ranch has become an integral part of the redevelopment goals for urban revitalization within the eastern city limit boundaries of Brentwood. This mixed-use project will bring investment to the downtown and the new grand Brentwood Blvd. Corridor which will enhance the entire community. Some additional benefits are summarized below:
- Provide an integrated high-quality retail/office center, including between 100,000 to 150,000 sq. ft. of retail, office and restaurant space.
- Create a financially viable retail/office center that increases the employment opportunities and contributes to the City Redevelopment Agency.
- Provide Brentwood residents with much-needed retail goods and services in the eastern part of town with adequate parking facilities to accommodate convenient uses.
- Develop a vibrant commercial center that will keep sales tax dollars within the community.
- Provide mixed use buildings with locally serving retail on the first floor and second story offices.
- Ensure the long-term financial success of the project by retaining flexibility to attract high-quality tenants in an evolving retail/office market.
- Provide convenient access to the community and to the traveling public with a location immediately adjacent to Brentwood Boulevard, while minimizing impacts on the local street system.
- Develop an aesthetically pleasing site plan and architectural building design that incorporates green building techniques to reduce the project's environmental impact and enhance the energy efficiency of the buildings.
- Entitlements that include roadway dedications that will extend an important east-west travel way- Sand Creek Road - from the Highway 4 Bypass to Sellers Avenue. This will link Fire Station, schools and parks to other neighborhoods.
Q: What is the current proposed land use for Sciortino Ranch? A: >>
Q: What is different about the proposed Sciortino Ranch project? A: >>
Q: How has the current planning been amended based on public input? A: >>
Q: Who will be the future users of the site? A: >>
Q: How does the current design accommodate any potential traffic? A: >>
Q: What will the economic benefits be for the community? A: >>
What is the current proposed land use for Sciortino Ranch?
Currently, the use for the 65-acre Sciortino Ranch site is described in the Design Guidelines.
What is different about the proposed Sciortino Ranch project?
Sciortino Ranch is the largest in-fill development within the Brentwood Blvd. specific plan. This high-quality project contributes greatly to the Brentwood Redevelopment Plan and will have a significant positive economic impact on this economically depressed area.
How has the current planning been amended based on public input?
Two public workshops and Planning Commission and City Council Hearings have been held as part of the project approvals. The community has played a major role in shaping and defining the current proposed project.
Who will be the future users of the site?
Sciortino Ranch is currently soliciting new commercial and residential builders and businesses to the site; the final list of users is being developed. If you have an interest in buying or leasing property please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the current design accommodate any potential traffic?
East/west traffic will be improved with the extension of Sand Creek Road and signal upgrades will be installed on Brentwood Boulevard. The location adjacent to Brentwood Boulevard provides convenient access with minimum impact on the immediate surface streets. After successful approval is achieved, roadway dedications and enhancements will improve overall traffic conditions.
What will the economic benefits be for the community?
Sciortino Ranch is in a redevelopment zone designed to promote development within infill parcels of the city. The incremental tax revenues generated will provide much needed funding for a variety of city programs and services that benefit the greater community including the downtown and the new grand Brentwood Blvd. Corridor. In addition a project of this size will generate hundreds of jobs, further bolstering the local economy.